Re: [Phys-L] Carnot (?) efficiency of non-Carnot cycles

On 2015, Mar 05, , at 19:55, brian whatcott <betwys1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

On 3/5/2015 8:53 PM, John Denker wrote in part:
On 03/05/2015 10:14 AM, Carl Mungan wrote in part:

//I can see indeed that we could undo in the isochoric
depressurization what we did in the isochoric pressurization step, at least
for an ideal device.
Right. Every step in one of those legs has a mirror
image in the other leg.

Now what is such a device
Try this:
https://www.av8n.com/physics/thermo/classical.html#sec-stirling

Obviously that's very new and very drafty.
//

Oh dear. Perhaps, as a start, we could review the idea of the ?
You know - having to do with volume?

synonyms: isometric, constant volume:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isochoric_process

bc thinks Wiki. often useful.