Re: [Phys-L] some climate concepts, numbers, and references

Here are my calculations. This time I have included the
formulas, not just the numerical values.
Rows 2 through 6 are numbers from the literature.
Row 7 is my chosen scenario.
Rows 9 through 13 are calculated.

The meaning is discussed in my prior email.

row value formula units remark
2 280 =co2_prior ppm
3 400 =co2_now ppm
4 4.4 =sensitivity °C/ppm
5 0.5 =env_per_Gt
6 0.5 =air_per_env
7 504 =added_mass Gt CO2 scenario
8
9 252 =B7*env_per_Gt
10 126 =B9*air_per_env ppm added
11 526 =B10+B3 ppm future total
12 0.910 =log2(B11/B2) doublings
13 4.00 =B12*sensitivity °C temperature rise

The only halfway tricky thing is that I used a
sensitivity number from the high end of the distribution.
That is well justified because that's where the main
contribution to the /expected/ cost comes from, as
previously discussed.