Re: [Phys-L] computer programming for kids

Here's one argument for programming for _every_ kid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU1xS07N-FA

Larry

On Jun 26, 2013, at 1:56 PM, LaMontagne, Bob wrote:

This is not a direct answer to your question and I hope I don't hijack this thread.

Few people who do not become science majors actually program computers using programming languages. Even many science majors never actually develop a need to do so. However, I think almost everyone could benefit from an elementary knowledge of using Excel for more than just database purposes. Excel can produce very sophisticated programs that solve differential equations, simulate relaxation techniques for visualizing electric potential fields, and many other things. It can be used on almost any computer available - there is no need for a programming language compiler to reside on the computer.