Re: [Phys-L] Energy & Bonds

On 11/12/2013 08:01 AM, Paul Lulai wrote:
Typically the endo / exo graphs show (for an exothermic reaction)
that the reactants have more energy than the products.

Well, what's "typical" varies from place to place.

Here's a diagram that seems OK to me. The diagram is about
halfway down the page:
http://chempaths.chemeddl.org/services/chempaths/?q=book/General%20Chemistry%20Textbook/Thermodynamics%3A%20Atoms%2C%20Molecules%20and%20Energy/1490/bond-enthalpies

I'm sure there are also gazllions of wrong diagrams
out there, but I don't have time to go hunting for
them right now.

Perhaps you could ask a more specific question, with
pointers to some specific diagram(s).....