[Phys-L] Energy & Bonds

Hi.
I am more aware of my conceptual shortcomings after the conversation about energy, reactions, and misconceptions.
I would appreciate clarification from the group on:
How do we reconcile the traditional Exothermic & Endothermic graphs of Energy vs reaction process with the fact that the products must be more bound and have greater potential energy? Typically the endo / exo graphs show (for an exothermic reaction) that the reactants have more energy than the products.

I may have more follow up questions.
Thanks.
Paul.