Re: [Phys-L] Science and Christianity

On 6/13/2012 12:53 PM, Aburr@aol.com wrote:

/snip/
> I'm not familiar with the Theological equivalent of this ability to
> grant equal validity to conflicting assumptions."
There are many examples. The one that comes first to mind is the concepts of "free will" and "predestination"
-it is said some Christian sects are more convinced than others of a predestiny - I have
heard it said of Presbyterians, for example.

There is a book to be written - quite likely an infamous book - which
would shed new light on a person who, with John, was at first
unsure who
was to be the long-forecast savior of his people, but who grew
convinced
of his role, and made efforts to fulfill the old testament
indications
of that great Advent."

John was never in doubt about his role and it is a stretch to say that Jesus was ever in doubt either.
Certainly John was never "*at first* unsure who
was to be the long-forecast savior of his people"
Alex. F. Burr
Matthew 3: 13,14,15 seems to involve John's doubting the wisdom of Baptizing Jesus, but he
was convinced of the rightfulness of that action. Jesus: a role that first focused on the Jews,
but later encompasses Gentiles? But the Devil quotes the Bible, no doubt:
my interest is in bringing to bear some SCIENTIFIC insights into what is otherwise
the forbidden territory of Faith and Belief.

Brian W