Re: [Phys-l] slow news day?

On 2011, Jun 22, , at 13:13, Josh Gates wrote:

So the blades are an order of magnitude more durable than conventional materials, and have a 10 year guarantee. None of my blades last a year. Elsewhere, the timescale becomes "generations!" Perhaps it travels through time?

jg

I have several sapphire knives -- they are used to cut optical fibers, aluminium handles tho.

bc thinks very brittle and easily damaged.

OTOH, maybe for cutting corneas:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/456524708/Optical_Sapphire_Knife.html

this one is similar to mine, except mine has a square blade.