Re: [Phys-l] slow news day?

I am cheap when it comes to consumables; always preferring the low cost alternative. But finally, when it comes to throw away razor blades, I choose Gillette twin blades. They cost a hefty percentage more than the cheapest comparables - but they appear to give me closer shaves, and last two or three times as long - darn it!

Brian W

On 6/22/2011 3:13 PM, Josh Gates wrote:
So the blades are an order of magnitude more durable than conventional materials, and have a 10 year guarantee. None of my blades last a year. Elsewhere, the timescale becomes "generations!" Perhaps it travels through time?

jg

--
Joshua Gates
Physics Faculty
Tatnall School (Wilmington DE)
JHU Center for Talented Youth
_____

From: Anthony Lapinski [mailto:Anthony_Lapinski@pds.org]
To: tap-l@lists.ncsu.edu, phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Sent: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 13:07:34 -0400
Subject: [Phys-l] slow news day?

New razor with sapphire blade and iridium handle.

Iridium is from meteorites!

Using "particle physics" technology.

Only $100,000 each and only 99 made. Unreal!

Who wants one? Who can afford one?

How much closer a shave can this give compared to a simple Bic?

http://www.zafirro.com/products/Zafirro-Iridium.html