[Phys-l] porcupine vs state-mandated high-stakes trivia tests

Once upon a time I found a porcupine quill. I observed that one quill,
all by itself, is not very scary. In contrast, an entire porcupine full
of quills, if it is provoked, is very scary indeed. A porcupine is normally
a placid, peaceable, vegetarian creature ... but you don’t want to pick
a fight with one.

I mention this because: