Re: [Phys-l] earthquakes more frequent ?

On 2011, Apr 04, , at 11:51, John Clement wrote:

There is also the possibility that humans have triggered earth quakes by
deep drilling. The speculations are endless, but is there a good article
about this?

Sorry this is just from memory: The filling or emptying of a rather large artificial lake resulted (we all assume.) in a 'quake in a region devoid of such. (Mid West?)_

bc read the "biggest" 'quake ever was in the south two cents. ago in a region also devoid. Wrong only up to 1986.

True when I read it. obviously, I presume the others were after- pre shocks.

New Madrid Missouri

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0193595.html

Wrong

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/states/missouri/history.php