From: Brian Blais <bblais@bryant.edu>
To: Forum for Physics Educators <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>
Sent: Wed, February 23, 2011 7:40:00 AM
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] (no subject)

On Feb 23, 2011, at 9:26 AM, Connie Tyree wrote:

A student posed the following question: What would happen if a
theoretically unstoppable object collides with a theoretically unmovable
object? He predicts everything...the world...would end. I know the world
will not end...what is the opinion of this group?

Connie L Tyree

I would say that in theory, theory and practice are the same, but in practice
they're not.

I would add that the question is not defined, that the terms are not defined
(there is no such thing as a theoretically unstoppable object, for example...the
concept itself is not well defined). thus, any result is possible but no result
is derivable.

bb

--
Brian Blais