[Phys-l] Space-Time & Big Bang?

http://focus.aps.org/story/v26/st6

discusses a current Phys Rev Letter which alludes to 'strange behavior' with Space & Time dimensions with possible pertinence to the Big Bang.

I don't have the full article handy - but wonder if the article linked here has a typo in the sentence quoted below.

They refer to a 'strange' hyperbolic wavelength-frequency relation - but the sentence quoted here doesn't seem anomalous to me. What am I missing - if anything?

"For some configurations of fields, you could increase the effective wavelength in one specific direction, and yet the overall frequency would go down."

This implies an energy lose which they say needn't concern us here.

thanx