Re: [Phys-l] operating room physics

My tonsillectomy was about then and all I remember is I lived on ice cream for a few days. Perhaps the Stanford U. hospital was a bit more advanced then.

bc thought one wasn't to eat for some time before general anesthesia.

p.s. tonsillectomies are no longer a fad either.

OTOH?

http://adc.bmj.com/content/88/2/95.1.extract