Re: [Phys-l] question about Bernoulli

On 11/24/2010 07:59 AM, Bob Sciamanda wrote:
Much of this thread is concerned with the subtleties of a Galilean
transformation of the work-energy theorem > (from whence comes the Bernoulli
theorem).

I don't recommend looking at the Bernoulli theorem that way.
There are all sorts of additional subtleties, including the
fact that the parcel changes /shape/ as it changes speed.

As previously mentioned, I strongly recommend approaching
Bernoulli in terms of force balance (i.e. momentum conservation)
rather than energy conservation.

I am willing to believe the energy approach is possible, but
I have never seen it done correctly, and I have very often
seen it done incorrectly. The force/momentum approach is
very much more practical.