Re: [Phys-l] Isotope chemistry and physics

The role of animal fat in hear disease has some very dissenting evidence.
The French eat a fair amount of it, but have lower rate of heart attacks,
possibly due to the poisonous red wine they drink.

The Masai in Africa traditionally ate mainly red meat and milk. Talk about
cholesterol city! But they were extremely athletic, and you were not a man
until you could jump your height according one anthropology book. They did
not have an abnormal rate of heart disease.

But saturated fat does digest and increase the LDL. Then plaques can form
in the arteries, so I would assume that what stays behind is the arterial
plaques. However, some may be needed for good health and functioning.
Women who have too little body fat often have inadequate estrogen so their
period turns off, and they can't bear children. There is apparently some
evidence that certain bacteria or viruses may accelerate or cause plaque
formation. And good genes are a big factor in longevity.

I think death by fat ingestion is a very long term poisoning, but may be
quite delicious.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

My understanding is that animal fat is digested like any other food.
What is it that stays behind?