From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
[mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of Bill
Nettles
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 2:42 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Isotope chemistry and physics

Whether D2O should be used as a solvent for medicines, etc is a separate
issue altogether from the question I had. You classified D2O as
poisonous, which, in the common use of the word, it isn't. In large
amounts, it has toxic effects, but so do hundreds of other things we
routinely ingest, such as animal fat. That stuff stays with you a LONG
time and can make your heart fail after a few years. I'm simply asking
you to not be sensational with your adjectives.

/carnot.physics.buffalo.edu/mailman/listinfo/phys-l