Re: [Phys-l] Isotope chemistry and physics

Unfortunately one can't measure the bio-half life of water, but one can of D and T -- T especially easily. I suspect the radio-half life is shorter (for T) than its bio-half life/. A growing animal, especially, incorporates H into its body, probably mostly through the food not so much the the water it drinks. Once in its cells its there until the cell is catabolized in someway, and then the cells' catabolites may again be incorporated in new cells. Remember I was discussing the incorporation of D into cells, not the absorption of D2O in the intestines into the blood and the out the urine, but into cell matter. True H will likely be incorporated preferentially, but D expelled also more slowly than H.

bc thinks the detection use of "responsible" X-raying out weighs its danger. Not so the unproven use of D.

p.s. the early use of X-rays was quite irresponsible (irradiation of gonads while checking shoe fit, for example); will the same be the case w/ D use?