Re: [Phys-l] format for lab reports

That's a good starting place. What I'm looking for is "best practice" for introductory physics lab reports, perhaps delineated by (1) science/engineering majors, (2) general physics, (3) conceptual physics. (one or all types)

The problem I am having is swinging the pendulum too far in either the rigid old school format, or the wishy-washy free form format. Somewhere in this is grade administration, which probably led to the standard lab report format, in the first place.

Of course my cynicism is akin to the discussion on "scientific method" some time back. thanks, Karl