Re: [Phys-l] Grapher on macintosh

At 2:24 PM -0500 2/22/08, ludwik kowalski wrote:
A free application, called GRAPHER, has been available to Mac users
since the OS 10.4 was introduced, about 3 years ago. I am learning how
to use this application on my new iMac (under OS 10-5.2). Unable to
find a good tutorial (by googling) I am experimenting by trial and
error. That is not the best way to learn things. Who else is using
Grapher? What do you think about it? Please share the URL of a good
tutorial, if you know it.

Grapher is a replacement for the much better Graphing Calculator that used
to be bundled with all PowerMacs. Graphing Calculator is still available
(now both Mac and Windows) and still much better than Grapher, and easily
worth $60 (heck, it's worth ten times that much). You will not have any
trouble learning Grpahing Calculator using your current methods, but there
is also a great help section and a very good pdf document to boot.
Graphing Calculator is in the top five software applications I've ever seen
in 30 years of computing.
http://www.nucalc.com

Best,
Larry