Re: [Phys-l] The attack on science is political, not philosophical

I have a colleague at a Seventh Day Adventist school who is a botanist. The Adventists are young earth creationists, and so is he. However in his botany courses he teaches evolution since that is the language of a modern biologist. In one case a student refused to be part of the class when that was taught and he suggested strongly that she think otherwise about being a biologist. She withdrew from the major.

So even in that environment you can make a distinction between the model we use and what we believe.

cheers,

joe

Joseph J. Bellina, Jr. Ph.D.
Professor of Physics