Re: [Phys-l] Intelligent designists fight back.

At 04:24 PM 1/6/2008, you wrote:
...WHY is it Fnet = ma, we review data collection, we review the mathematical model, we review that this model appears to work for all motion. Why does this model work? Dunno. These are the rules of the universe. "If you want to know why it is linear, ask whoever created the universe. They appear to have made the rules. We just want to find the models the universe follows. In this class we try to find the rules.
Paul Lula

Why does this or any math model work?
Presumably because the whole purpose of math models (in physics at least) is to describe
natural or arranged observables. If they don't work, the non-functional result space
is accepted (too close to c, etc., etc) or the model is modified as required.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!