[Phys-l] AP science redesign and physics

Anybody on the list have a sense of what's going on at the College Board
with respect to the science tests?

At the prompting of my division head I was recently reading up on the
College Board's planned "redesign" of the science AP curricula and tests.

<http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/public/courses/189493.html>

I couldn't help but notice that the only AP test NOT listed was Physics C
(the one my students take.)

My first thought was "yes! dodged THAT bullet!"

My second thought was "huh - what's up with that?"

Is it just that Physics C already meets the new criteria (smaller fact
set, more emphasis on critical thinking), or is there something else going
on?

david

David Strasburger
Physics Teacher, Science Department Head
Noble & Greenough School
10 Campus Drive Dedham, MA 02026
o: 781.320.7167