[Phys-L] Re: Mocking the Faithful: was Breaking News in ID

At 10:09 AM 8/28/2005, Keith Tipton, you wrote:
///
Still, I'll give some credit that Christian sites like

<http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/faq/dont_use.asp>

point out arguments creationists should NOT use because
they are wrong or unverifiable or have no value in the argument. ///

I am not comfortable that this site is described as Christian.
It seems to be a "Young Earth Creationist" support location.

I found the passage quote below to be interesting, perhaps
especially for folks who are not familiar with the code-words
"Macro-evolution" vs "Micro-evolution".

* 'Creationists believe in microevolution but not macroevolution.'
* These terms, which focus on 'small' v. 'large' changes, distract
* from the key issue of information. That is, particles-to-people
* evolution requires changes that increase genetic information,
* but all we observe is sorting and loss of information. We have
* yet to see even a 'micro' increase in information, although such
* changes should be frequent if evolution were true. Conversely,
* we do observe quite 'macro' changes that involve no new
* information, e.g. when a control gene is switched on or off.
This seems to deal with ideas of change within species - so that a putative
pair of a single skin color could become a world of coffee, yellow,
white, brown, black skin people with curly, straight, blonde, brown, black
hair while genetic information is being lost, so natural variation
IS occuring for these Y-E creationists
- and within 6000 years at that. (micro-evolution)

A fish and and a goat are a different creation, who would not
share common ancestry - nor demonstrate more genetic information
in the mammal. (macro-evolution)

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!