Electrical Voltages

Usually 110v, sometimes up to 120v.
Would you believe 130v?

I have a voltmeter attached to the electrical line.
Since October 2003, the voltage has gradually
increased from 118v to 128v in January 2004,
sometimes over 130v.

This high voltage is causing my light bulbs to burn
brighter and to burn out faster. My microwave oven
takes less time to heat my morning cup of tea.
Every time my old refrigerator comes on, the noise
the motor makes causes me to consider a new one.

Have any of you noticed unusual effects due to
excessive voltage on you home circuits?
Prof. Eric T. Lane eric-lane@utc.edu