Re: Electrical Wire Safety

"I also picked up a paper clip which had obviously been fashioned for
insertion into an outlet in the middle of my floor."

Did you find melted ones?

My less expensive detector and more effective than the Radio Shack is a
suicide cable with clips clipped together to find which circuit breaker
breaks which outlets.

"Then of course there are the workers who cut underground wires and attempt
to fix them themselves ...

bc, who rarely "switches to safety."

John Clement wrote:

=20
I see it it clearly: John is winding a Wimshurst machine
to a hand-holding ring of students:
"This is you making contact with a live wire"....
[winding furiously],
"And this is you making contact with a live wire wearing
rubber gloves and boots..."
=20

And leering evilly .... Not a bad analogy, but a bit stretched. One=
can
easily teach a young child the meaning of hot by letting them touch
something hot such as the outside of a hot coffee cup and saying hot.=
The
sensation is unpleasant to the child, but not dangerous. Beyond that=
there
are too many situations which can be dangerous where individuals can =
get
into trouble, and there are many situations which are safe, which peo=
ple

cut

John M. Clement
Houston, TX