Finding information on the Internet

Greetings everyone! I hope you are all doing well...spring has definitely
made its presence known among the Ohio students. :)

I'm kinda ranting and also asking for help/suggestions. I've been helping
students, with research projects, to try to find some reliable resources on
the Internet. We've been going over some things to look for on a web-site
to try to judge if the source is reliable. I've also been getting
frustrated using the search engines and finding nothing but "junk". The
"information superhighway" is jammed with garbage trucks! Things were so
much easier when students got their information from the books in the
library.

I'm wondering if anyone else has been having similar frustrations? How do
you or your students go about finding "reliable" information on the
internet? What sources do you recommend of finding reliable information?
What would you advice of determining the information on a web-page were from
a reliable source? Especially if you are doing research (on just about any
topic...chemistry, physics or non-science related), where do you start and
would recommend? I'm thinking that this could make a great teacher
in-service project for me to do next year...would anyone have any
information or resources that they could share? I'd gladly give you credit
for your work. Has anyone already compiled such information?

Thanks for allowing me to vent!
Dwight
Ashland, OH
Ashland-Crestview HS
Chemistry/Physics/Advanced Physics
www.crestview-richland.k12.oh.us
"This message was sent using only 100% recycled electrons."