Re: COLD FUSION

Responding to my last posting Edmund Storms sent a file
which became item #50 at my website:

http://blake.montclair.edu/~kowalskil/cf/

It is a paper he presented at the most recent APS (American
Physical Society) meeting. Storms spent his professional life
as a nuclear chemist and material scientist at LANL (Los
Alamos National Laboratory). In the message to which the file
was attached the author wrote:

"Welcome to the club, Ludwik. As you see, reviewers are . . .
If you read the attached paper, you will see why reproducibility
has been so difficult. People have made wrong assumptions
and have been using the wrong approach. When the correct
approach is used, I have found that success occurs more often,
although still not 100% of the time. . .

If teachers are to encourage creative thinking, they need to
teach such examples. Cold fusion provides a very important
contemporary example of an idea that is in the process of being
accepted. . . ."

I hope that some of you will find the paper of E. Storms interesting.
Ludwik Kowalski