Re: DVD back ups?

At 13:23 -0400 10/22/02, Chuck Britton wrote:

The free offer is also available for K-12 teachers in Canada.
Charter schools, private schools etc. are also eligible.

At 13:36 -0400 10/22/02, Charlie Goodspeed wrote:

If you spearhead such a drive at a local HS, they'd probably give
you a legal reg card as well, especially if they have more than they
need for the old Macs that won't run OSX anyway. There's nothing
wrong with passing the license on to another.

I have just checked the web page where Apple set the terms and
conditions of this offer and I think both of the above statements are
incorrect. According to the web information, the shipment must be to
a school address within the US, and it specifically says that the
software is for personal use and not for "resale or redistribution."
So I think that it is not appropriate for every teacher to order
their copy and then give it to their school.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell
<mailto:haskell@ncssm.edu>