Re: DVD back ups? OSX-free

Thanks to those who wrote (mostly in private) that DVD
disks can be used to store all documents and application
programs (but apparently only up to 4.2 Gb, not 4.7 Gb).
Here is another piece of information I received.

Yes. But you should know that the blank disks are $10
each. Only buy the Apple ones as the other brands seem
to have a high failure rate and are no cheaper anyway.

As I read more about new Mac options I see a little
device called iPod MP3 Player. Its storage capacity
is 5 Gb ($300), 10 GB ($400) or 20 Gb (?), depending
on what is purchased. It is natural to ask the same
question. Can this portable device be used to store
documents and application programs?
Ludwik Kowalski