Re: Physics First Content (refocus)

This group is amazing!

Thanks, I think. :-)

. . .
My issue/problem is that in the great state of Colorado, our
sophomores
will be tested in March (2004) on topics to include Earth and Space
Science, Life Science and Physical Science (topics taken from
Physics and
Chemistry). Our politicians have decided this and are well entrenched.

We offer a freshman class called Introduction to Physical and Earth
Science. It is not Physics First but there is some Physics.
To meet the
needs of the political environment and the philosophical
movement. What is
a curriculum planner to do?

So help me decide the essential physics that must be in the
introductory
class.

Unfortunately I think you answer your own question, the essential physics is
the physics that your sophomores will be tested on.

Joel R.