Re: AN HTML BUG?

"John S. Denker" asked:

Why hack raw HTML anyway?

There are eleventeen different editors available,
with a WYSIWYG user interface, that will read and
write HTML. ...

Because I am not familiar with many tags these editors
create. I would be lost in a situation in which something
is not working. It is like using a code to solve a physics
problem without being familiar with physics involved.
I suppose such dangerous situations should be avoided,
if practically possible.

John also explained that each <tag> must have a matching
</tag>, except possibly <P>. This rule was respected in
the Example2 (</h3> was present at the end of the
document) but the document was not rendered as expected.
I am referring to the message posted this morning, the one
in which I thanked John.
Ludwik Kowalski

++ Most versions of the Netscape browser have an HTML
composer built in. It and its ancestors (Mosaic etc.)
have had this capability since the day the web was invented.

++ Monoposoft Word has been able to do it for a couple
of years now.

++ Opera has a composer.

++ etc.

-- I'm not recommending Frontpage. It's not needed for the
sort of thing typical physics professors want to do, and
learning it is not worth the trouble. What's worse, it isn't
powerful enough to be useful to real web wizards. In short,
everybody I know who's ever used it has given up on it.