Re: creationism wars

This is, of course, your opinion with which many would disagree. In my
opinion, you are wrong on every point you make. They are not
anti-democratic - to the contrary - they strive to get more people
involved in voting (whom they hope will vote the desired way on their
issues , as do almost all get-out-vote campaigns) without any way to
control how those people vote. They are not interested in a Christian
Afghanistan (or a Somlia, or Zimbabwe, or ____ fill the blank). They
would like to see a much greater Christian influence in our country
(which is certainly their right!). As for attacks on public schools,
there needs to be many MORE attacks on public education/educational
establishment for their contributions to the failure of public education
today (and yes I know there are public schools doing a great job many
places, but for every good one, there's probably 2 bad ones.
Can one not be opposed to the goals of organizations without deriding
those organizations with a heavy handed tar brush.
This is all so much off list topics that I hate to write anything at
all, but I do not like the tenor of many messages on this particular
thread. Usually I would just hite "Delete" and go on, but I had time to
actually read through some of these.
James Mackey

***************************************
Hugh Haskell wrote:

There is at least one organization whose name I can think of, James
Dobson's Focus on the Family, based in Colorado Springs, which is
actively and overtly campaigning to turn the US into a theocracy.
Many of the leaders of these fundamentalist organizations are openly
anti-democratic and are working as hard as they can to make us into
their version of a Christian Afghanistan. Their attack on the public
schools is just one prong of their offensive. I don't think they can
succeed, but if we get complacent, or misunderstand their motives,
they could do a lot of damage (and already have).