Re: cross-product versus Clifford Algebra

Hi all-
But that is the wrong answer. The electron moves in the direction of the
Poynting vector (as would be evident from a quantum answer). The E-Field
accelerates the electron in the +E-direction, the B-field supplies a force
in the vxB direction (same direction as ExB drift). So the electron
executes circles in the x-y plane as it "drifts" in the z-direction.

That curvy-little arrow in the x-z plane (my problem requires the
B-pseudovector to lie along the y-axis) has an orientation that
is given by the right hand (or pseudopod?) rule. John accepted that point
when he agreed that a pseudovector describes and "oriented" area. We need
the RHR (or its equivalent) to describe the orientation).
Regards,
Jack