Re: renewable energy

"*British Columbia receives one tenth of all of the precipitation
that falls on North America. There is a good reason we are known
as the wet coast of Canada!"

Has any one predicted what global warming will do the the wet coast?

bc

Leigh Palmer wrote:

The number I was given for Lake Powell, behind Hoover/Boulder Dam,
is that it will become hydroelectrically unproductive in 200 years

cut

Hydroelectric energy is not free. Calculating its true cost is
highly problematical because one must calculate the very large
environmental cost as a highly significant contribution. I just
wanted to point out that fact because many of us city kids with
physics educations think hydroelectric energy is, essentially,
free. It ain't so.

Leigh