Re: Is it necessary or helpful to teach work (W) in introductory HSphysics? (...

I would like to make sure I understand the essence of this debate. The
"energy reifiers" claim that energy is not a "thing" and that the only
"thing" to really pay attention to is *changes in* or *transfers of* energy,
that is, work.

The other folks claim that energy is a "thing" and work is nothing other than
*changes in* or *transfers of* energy.

The one group focuses on work and the other on energy.

Is this analysis basically correct?

Justin

In a message dated 6/29/2002 6:42:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,