Summer Teaching Opportunities

SUMMER TEACHING OPPORTUNITIES
Johns Hopkins University's Center for Talented Youth (CTY)

WHO
We are seeking teachers, graduate students, and undergraduates for instructor and laboratory assistant positions to teach gifted students ages 8-16.

WHAT
A program with two 3-week sessions where students and staff live on a college campus.  Courses present advanced topics at a pace and depth that match students'  abilities.

We offer a large number of courses in physics, engineering, and field science, including Fast Paced High School Physics, Astronomy, Principles of Engineering Design, Investigations in Engineering, and Flight Science.

WHERE
We have 20 sites in Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and California.

WHEN
There are 2 sessions for the summer of 2001, June 20-July 13, and July 13 -August 3.

WHY
-teaching experience in a rigorous, academic setting
-small classes (15-18 students)
-teaching/laboratory assistant to help in the classroom
-science budget of approximately $1,200 per session
-contact with dynamic colleagues
-excellent pay, plus room and board

If you are a science teacher, graduate student, or college faculty member with teaching experience we encourage you to apply for an instructor position (salary is $1800-$2800/session).

If you are an undergraduate with upper level course work and a GPA of 3.2 we encourage you to apply for a laboratory assistant position (salary is $900/session).

For more information and to download an application please visit
www.jhu.edu/gifted/ctysummer

Stuart Gluck
Asst. Coordinator/Academic Programs             CAP phone (410) 516-0053
Center for Talented Youth                       CAP fax (410) 516-0093
Johns Hopkins University
2701 North Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218