Re: A funny capacitor.

Referring to this:

Q1=C11*V1 + C12*V2 + C13*V3
Q2=C21*V1 + C22*V2 + C23*V3 (Equations 2)
Q3=C31*V1 + C32*V2 + C33*V3

John wrote:

You will discover the following facts, which will soon come in handy:

Gauge invariance requires Cij to be symmetric:
Cij = Cji (equation 3)

Charge conservation requires each row (and/or column) to sum to zero
SUM_j Cij = 0 for all i (equation 4)
assuming (!) the sum runs over all relevant objects.

1) I was aware of equations 3 and 4. Equation 3 reminds of
Newton's third law. The influence of object 2 on object 1
is as strong as the influence of object 1 on object 2. Here
we refer to influences (Q affecting V) not forces. Can it
be said that N3 is a consequence of "gauge invariance"?

2) I am not sure I understand the last line in the above quote.
It refers to equation 4. For example, can I write:

C11+C12+C31=0 and C11+C12+C13=0 ?

How does the equation 4 follow from the law of
conservation of charges?
Ludwik Kowalski