Re: WORD Equation editor help needed

I strongly urge purchasing MathType. It is made by the same folks who
originally wrote the WORD equation editor, it is much more powerful and
easier to use, and integrates equations seamlessly into WORD documents.
It also seems to be the case that anyone else's WORD will read your
document, equations and all, without installing MathType.

I doubt that this is the case, or at least it is not if one uses a
Macintosh. It will work if the font "MTExtra" is installed. If you
are trying to read MathType stuff you may need additional fonts as
well.

I use Equation Editor with Word 5.1, but I also use the keyboard
formatting method which Bill decided not to include in the later
versions of Word. That is just one of the reasons I don't use Word
98 even though I own it. (It came on the Office 98 disc I bought
for Excel 98.)

Leigh