re: re: Netscape SOS

My experience suggests the following:

1. Make sure the application has enough memory:

From the finder, click on "file" in the menu bar, click on "get info"
Under "memory requirements", try increasing the "minimum" and "preferred"
size of the application.

2. The "information box" displayed specifically states:

"Note: Memory requirements will increase by 5,502 if virtual memory
is turned off in the Memory control panel"

Therefore, you probably do not want to turn off virtual memory!

3. Increasing cache size may help, but if you computer has been crashing a
lot,
try clearing the cache folder by dragging the contents to the trash
or
under preferences..."advanced"..."cache": click on the "Clear disk cache now"
button...this has helped me in the past.

In summary, my Mac froze frequently when browsing with Communicator, but after
taking the 3 steps above I have had no problems, zero, ziltch!

Hope this helps you with YOUR freezes,

Owen