Re: I.Q query

I recall such an article once printed in the Scientific American and I
thought the title was 'Pygmalion in the Classroom' but on doing a search
of the SA, I have not been able to find it. The article was written in
the middle '60's if memory serves.

I too would like to know the reference of this study.

Lowell Herr

Following the lead provided by David Simmons, I carried out a basic net
search. The key word Pygmalion got a few hits on a search and turned up a
site called School Improvement Research Series
http://www.nwrel.org/scpd/sirs/
which is huge!
It had a great research syummary "Expectations and Student Outcomes" which
reviewed a mass of research on and around the Pygmalion effect. Lots of
practical advice as well.

Regards Scott.