Re: Sophisticated calculators

I have the same reaction to the TI calculators, especially when
trying to use them to communicate with the CBL. It would be much more
convenient if the programs could be written directly to the CBL from a
computer and the data read back into the computer from the CBL without
having to go through the intermediate TI calculator. The keyboard input to
the calculator for very simple tasks is awkward at best. The graphs
displayed are mediocre compared to what one can get with any computer
graphing program.

I grant that the calculator is cheaper than the computer and if cost
is an over riding factor then one might opt for the calculator/cbl
combination. The portability of the CBL is so attractive that it is just
crying for a computer interface which could substitute for the TI. I have
talked to both TI and Vernier about this possibility but have seen nothing
forthcoming.