Re: Forces:

At 09:44 11/16/97 -0400, you wrote:
... John
...was referring to [the] so-called electro-weak
approach to unify forces.... So, we now have four
bosons, one massless (photon) and three very heavy (-W, +W and Zo). And
they "mediate" 12 particles (3 neutrinos, three particles associated with
these neutrinos and the antiparticles of these 6.... Why do we
say that unification occured? Still 4 bosons and 12 leptons.
Ludwik Kowalski

Think of this machinery as 'resonances' or better, merely the epicycles
that permit today's incarnation of a Ptolomeian world view to function
smoothly...

(I'm joking, I'm joking - yeah: that's it!)

Cordially

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK