Re: Sans Work, part 1 (Long and wordy)

Your MET is understood. It is evidently correct. It is not
one of the two forms of the work-energy theorem put forth
in Hestenes's text. Can you give us examples of problems
best treated by this approach (the skater is a good one)?
It seems that this theorem is much underexploited because
few problems are posed that are readily solvable using it.

I must commend you for abolishing the term "work" from the
theorem rather than doing violence to its conventional use
in the first law of thermodynamics *et al*. I urge you to
reconsider the name, however. Wouldn't CMKET be a better
name? after all, potential energy stored in a spring (and
other forms not considered here) is considered by many to
be mechanical energy too. But you are right on when you
make the change and get the term "work" right out of it!

Congratulations on a real improvement.

Leigh