TRAINS - Correction

Earlier I made the following misquote:

One can transport 100 tons 100 miles with a teaspoon of diesel fuel
using a freight train.

In private corresponsdance with Rick, he pointed out to me using a rather
nice example of order-of-magnitude estimation, that these numbers are
unrealistic (good question for your students). This weekend I drove the 50
miles to Barnes & Noble and found the book and looked up the quote, I
misquoted by roughly 3-4 orders of magnitude, which I think puts it in a
more realistic ball park, Rick.

So here is the actual statistic not confused by fading memory, I still think
it is impressive:

One can transport 1 ton of freight 100 km with 14 oz of diesel fuel, by
freight train.

Joel