Re: Design an upper level lab

We do a mixture of historical experiments (Franck-Hertz,
photoelectric effect, etc), technique-based experiments
(inteferometry to find wavlengths, n of glass, Na doublet splitting,
etc; force between current-carrying wires, microwave optics, fibre
optics, hall effect), and a series of nuclear physics (counting
statistics, gamma spectroscopy, alpha spectroscope, alpha scattering
in gases, Rutherford scattering, gamma gamma angular correlation,
etc). We have others.

The selection is based on the collection of apparatus, which in turn
is based on the interests of faculty who have taught the course over
20 years. We have a separate electronics course, and I really doubt
that electronics could be integrated into this course easily or well.

It is not so much an integration as it is one room that will
necessarily have to serve many different purposes (and many different
classes).

Thanks very much for your input and assistance.

Paul J. Camp "The Beauty of the Universe
Assistant Professor of Physics consists not only of unity
Coastal Carolina University in variety but also of
Conway, SC 29528 variety in unity.
pjcamp@coastal.edu --Umberto Eco
pjcamp@postoffice.worldnet.att.net The Name of the Rose
(803)349-2227