Re: Dan's note

Dan MacIsaac wrote:

Not so fast! If I can beat up NAU enough to buy the goodies, would you be
willing to administer the list from FL? is that a reasonable course of
action? Another possibility is to get AAPT to buy the Sw and house it
at College Park, then remotely administer it. If remote admin doesn't
work, then these are out.

List administration is by email, so remote ownership is no problem. In
fact, PHYS-L's first two years were hosted by the mainframe at the
University of Central Florida, who had a Listserv, and who was kind
enough to let me borrow space for that purpose.

The more pertinent question is: if phys-l moved, WHO would be the list
owner, local or remote? I'm into my second year of retirement from West
Florida, and while I'm glad to continue with the PHYS-L chores, it would
make sense to identify a new victim, er, owner if a change were made.

==> Dick

Richard C. Smith, Ph.D. Voice: (850) 476-9352
55 Birdwhistell Blvd. Fax: (850) 476-4193
Pensacola, FL 32514 http://www.uwf.edu/~rsmith
email: rsmith@gulf.net