Re: More Moon and Sun

Jim Green <Jim.Green@Snow.edu> wrote

I think I didn't ask for the information I need:

I think I need the *equations* to determine the positions of the Sun and
Moon and the Moon phase so I can plot them or feed the data into a spread
sheet.

Hello

If you want the equations perhaps I could suggest the source book to look up.
Some of the equations may be lengthy depending on the accuracy of the result you
need.

1. PRACTICAL ASTRONOMY WITH YOUR CALCULATOR 3rd. ed.
Peter Duffett-Smith. Cambridge U Press 1990.

{ I foud this book simple to understand and the required equations are given
clearly }.

2. ASTRONOMICAL FORMULAE FOR CALCULATORS 4th. ed.
Jean Meeus. Willmann-Bell 1988.

3. ASTRONOMICAL ALGORITHMS
Jean Meeus. Willmann-Bell

The last two books are said to be authoritative in the subject. Hence you
can get good tricks and computational algorithms to apply.

good luck

-zaidan abdul wahab-