Re: magnets and health

We wondered about the possibility of some nutrient comming from the magnetite.
The magnitite the student used came from a rock shop and had been tumbled and
polished before he used it. It was still bright and shiny after the experiment
so it's hard to imagine that it dissolved very much. I'm no biologist, but I'v
e never seen iron listed as a component of fertilizer so it doesn't seem likely
that iron is as important to plants as it is to people. At any rate, clearly
more tests could be run, but this was just a 10th grade science project and the
student hadn't gotten into soil analysis. He was careful to use the same soil
in both experiments. One of the nice things about experiments where you don't
understand the results is that they suggest all kinds of other tests to perfor
m.