[Phys-L] Biological Materials Testing Lab

   - Fri, Sep 15 at 7:14 PMA lab exposure to a gastrocnemius-sciatic nerve frog
preparation strung on a kymometer presents perhaps the most ancient lab
demonstration of muscle activation which predates Galvani/Volta. The paper drum
was driven by clockwork - and the instrument  still survives in some bio and
medical student labs.

      - From: "Zani, Gerald" <gerald_zani@brown.edu>
      - Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 12:41:33 -0400
   I want to understand how to create a basic Biological Materials testing lab
for educational purposes but do not have any experience with the physics of
Biological Materials.
Can someone help?
Can someone point me to published materials on educational labs for
biological materials?

I know about the Biological Physics resource letter:
"Resource Letter BP-1: Biological physics.
By Raghuveer Parthasarathy. AJP 89, 1071–1078 (2021)".
I have experience with supporting many Biological Physics classes with
demos.
What are some basic tests for a Biological Material?
What kinds of machines are used in a Biological Materials testing lab?
What is a rheometer?
What is a torsion test machine?

--
Gerald Zani