From: Phys-l <phys-l-bounces@mail.phys-l.org> On Behalf Of David Bowman
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2022 1:00 PM
To: Phys-L@Phys-L.org
Subject: Re: [Phys-L] Math List Serves

Regarding Don P's request:

Can anyone help me find a math/physics list serve which would discuss
math/physics problems at the college level (first two years
preferred.
Thanks,
Don Polvani

I don't know of any other actual old fashioned math/physics listservs at the
appropriate level that are still active (present company excepted). However,
you might want to try lurking in some of the math or physics corners of Quora
or some other question/answer social media site where students often ask
questions about their homework problems. You could read the questions and
then attempt to answer them before looking at the published answers of those
answering the questions

I'm not sure about the level of the problems you want, but I can provide some
of the challenge questions I've put up on the hallway whiteboard in the
math/physics wing of the science building of the 4-year liberal arts college
where I used to teach before retiring. As a sample here are the first few
problems I've put up there so far this semester:

Have fun with these. If you want I can supply some more, on request. (BTW,
the problem I discussed a few months earlier about the cosine of multiples of
π/5 was an earlier hallway board problem from last year.)
( Also I'll bet JSD & multiple others on this list have a plethora of favorite
problems they could probably share with you to keep you busy for a long
time.

David Bowman